But my hope
lies in God
“They were weeping over our worldliness, our rebellion and our flagrant rejection of the biblical values that were once our roots. They were mourning our backslidden condition.”
This was really sobering.
Seriously read it.
This article and one picture in particular are very moving. Worth the read.
- El: God, mighty or prominent one, creator - Genesis 7:1.
- El Elyon: God Most High - Deuteronomy 26:19.
- El Gibhor: God is Mighty - Isaiah 9:6, Revelation 19:15.
- El Olam: God Everlasting - Psalm 90:1-3.
- El Shaddai: God Almighty - Genesis 49:24.
- Yahweh: The proper name for God. "I am that I am" - Deuteronomy 6:4.
- Yahweh Yireh: Yahweh who Provides - Genesis 22:14.
- Yahweh Rapha: Yahweh who Heals - Exodus 15:26.
- Yahweh Shalom: Yahweh of Peace - Judges 6:24.
- Yahweh Tsidkenu: Yahweh our Righteousness - Jeremiah 33:16.
- Yahweh Nissi: Yahweh our Banner - Exodus 17:15.
- Yahweh Shammah: Yahweh is Present - Ezekiel 48:35.
- Yahweh Sabaoth: Yahweh of Hosts (or Armies) - Isaiah 44:6.
- Yahweh Rohi: Yahweh our Shepherd - Psalms 23:1.
- Yahweh Mekeddeshem: Yahweh Who Makes Holy - Leviticus 20:7-8.
- Yahweh Adonai: Yahweh is Lord (or Master) - Genesis 15:2.
- Yahweh Elohim: Yahweh the Creator, Yahweh the Powerful one - Genesis 1:1.